The excitement of school: Grade School vs. College


Hey Nice girls!

I feel awful for leaving you hanging the past few weeks.  I have been booked solid with RA training and preparing the resident halls for everyone to move in.  I know most of you are looking forward to my college room tour.  I will get to it as soon as I can.  I was planning to film it today however my allergies have left me with a hoarse voice.  My voice is deep and sounds manly.  Therefore I will film the video as soon as my normal voice decides to return. 

Last night I was lying in bed thinking back to grade school and how excited I used to be to go back to school.  Do you remember the excitement of  the first day of school and your teacher giving you your new planner or how excited you were to have your teachers pass out your books for the year?  I still get the same kind of excitement when I am picking out my new planner for the new school year.  However, I can say I do not get excited about buying my books for college.  They are expensive and heavy.  I wonder if I would still be excited about getting new books if I was not paying for them.    

The night before school started I would lay out my clothes and shoes the night before.  I double checked my backpack to make sure I had everything I needed and I would pack my lunch.  With that being said, I still lay out my first day back outfit and I double check my tote bag for the basic college necessities.  You all know what I am talking about… pens, pencils, notebook, folders and books.  I miss the days when I walked into my classroom and would pull out my art box with my new markers and crayons and slide it into my desk.  Do you think the professors would wonder what I was doing if I brought an art box to every class?

I also miss RECESS!  Who doesn’t miss running around outside playing tag, kickball or just crossing the monkey bars?  My elementary school had one of the upside down bowls with the holes climb thing…. This is what I am talking about
I used to love playing on this and hanging upside down.  I would show off my "upside down skills" everyday.  The worst part of recess for me were the "recess monitors" or the fun suckers (shout out to my mom- you know why I'm laughing).  I remember when someone would get in trouble they would have to "stand on the wall".  Basically you had to stand with your back on the wall until it was time to go inside.  Thankfully I never had to do this but some of my ornery friends had to.  

I wish I would still get this excited about school starting again.  This year is so bitter sweet because I will be graduating in May.  I can't believe I am a senior in college already.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I graced the stage in my pink high heels at my high school graduation.  Yes I really did wear pink high heels... here is a picture just in case you do not believe me.

What do you miss most about elementary school, middle school or high school?  I hope everyone has a great transition into the new semester.  I wish you the best of luck with your studies and activities.  Hold onto every moment because this year will be over before we know it.  And remember, nice girls always finish first!

BrittneeNoel 

No comments: