Book Nook: Page Art


Hey Nice Girls! 

Welcome to my very first Book Nook post.  I thought I would kick off this fun sequence with some fun pictures I found on Pinterest.  Have you ever heard of or seen book page folding art?  If you have no idea what i am talking about check out these really cool pictures I came across. 


I have never heard of such a thing and I had to share them with you!  How cool are these books?  I would love to have one of my favorite books folded like this.  If you could have your favorite book folded what book would it be and what word would you have folded into the pages?  I would pick Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller and I would have the word believe folded into the pages.  
I do not think I would have the patience to sit and fold pages like this but I give props to the man that does.  According to Lyndsey's research (Lyndsey is the author of the alovelylittleblog where I first came across a picture of three books folded like this) the talented mans name is Isaac G. Salazar and he is self taught.  As of now he has a waiting list until 2013.  This is such a great accomplishment.  Check out Lyndsey's blog for posts about everything lovely.  If you click on the link above it will take you to the page where she posted the picture she found.  




I am looking to increase my book collection and I am asking for your help!  Have you recently read a good book you think I would enjoy?  Please let me know the title and author of the book in the comments below.  Thanks for reading.  And remember, nice girls always finish first. 

BrittneeNoel   


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post :) thanks for sharing!

alovelylittleblog said...

how super sweet of you!! and issacs work is even more amazing and breath taking in person!! i would want one of my harry potter books folded because they have so many pages i bet it could be folded into something great!

alovelylittleblog.com