Outfit of the day: Rainy day attire

 Hey Nice Girls!

In honor of this wacky weather we have been having, I put together an outfit-of-the-day for a rainy day.  The picture shows the accessories for a rainy day but not an actual outfit.  



 Everyone should have three things on a rainy day.  One, the perfect umbrella.  People tend to make fun of my umbrella because it looks like a dome.  However, I can tell you I have yet to walk in the rain and be wet when I have this umbrella.  The best thing about the dome shape is that the wind cannot get underneath and blow it upside down.  If you are tired of your upside down umbrella then head to Target for a new umbrella.  I bought mine at Target a few years ago for just under $20.00 and I know they still have them.  

Second, every girl deserves a pair of fabulous rain boots.  I love mine!  Mine were a Christmas gift from my grandma a few years ago and they are great!  I have sock-like inserts in mine which are great.  The inserts extend the life of your rain boots into colder months.  You can wear them in the snow and your feet do not get cold.  They are a great investment if you wear your rain boots as snow boots.  

And lastly a nice girl should have a fun, cute jacket to sport.  I bought mine this past weekend at Maurices.  Click "I must have this jacket" and the link will take you to the Maurices' homepage.  This jacket is fun because you can tie the belt all kinds of different ways.  I am a huge fan of the "half bow" right now which is how I have the belt tied in the picture.  Another great thing about this jacket is that it flairs out at the bottom.  This is super fun and girly.   

I would most likely wear a cute top and a pair of skinny jeans on a day like this.  Skinny jeans are the best kind to wear with your rain boots because you can tuck your pants into the boots.  However, I did wear sweats and a pair of old Uggs today.  BAD IDEA!  My feet were freezing because they were soaked!  That outfit was not rain friendly.  I do not recommend it. :)   What do you typically wear on a rainy day?  As much as I love to wear sweats like I did today, I would have felt much better in a cute outfit.

On a side note, I want to start vlogging again but I need your help.  In the comments below please give me an idea of something you would like to see in a vlog.  Hair tutorial, makeup tutorial, monthly favorites, room tour-- anything really just give me a request and I'll see what I can do. 

I hope you were able to make this dreary day a positive one.  I found today to be really productive. 

Be fierce, Be fabulous, Be you and remember, nice girls always finish first.  

BrittneeNoel  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brittnee! I truly enjoyed reading your blog! And I love your video about your journey as Miss Ohio! I look forward to reading more at some point!

Anonymous said...

I personally as a loyal reader would LOVE more of the vlogs and all of ideas u mentioned are great iseas that I as well as many others would lovr to see as we have talked about in previous comments. Cant wait to see the new vlog and blog ideas that you have! Hope you are haveing a great day and stay warm and dry! :)