February Challenge- Donate to give back

February Challenge 

Hey everyone!

Today’s post is not focused on makeup, shoes or even shopping.  Today’s post is all about giving back to your community! 

Have a heart and give back this month!
A few weeks ago I came up with an idea of having a monthly challenge where I would challenge you to do something simple every month.  I wasn’t planning on starting it until next month however after listening to my favorite boys over at Under-Review Internet Radio and their special guest Heather Robinson (Follow her on Twitter: @MrsRobinsonNJ) I knew it was time to start the monthly challenge posts. 

This month I challenge you to clean out a spot in your house and give back by donating gently used items that are laying around your house that you no longer use.

Since I graduate in May I will be redoing my room in preparation for me to move home.  In order to paint my room I need to be able to get most of the items out of my room.  With that being said the underneath of my bed is screaming for help!  I have duffle bags full of old book bags, purses and who knows what else I have crammed into those things.  I plan on pulling everything out from underneath my bed (I’m sure there will be stuff seeping into the hallway and out of windows!).  I will be going through everything to decide what I need and what is able to be donated.  I will only be keeping the things I find I truly need.  Needless to say, the Goodwill store will soon be stocked with tons of cute bags and purses. 

Whether you clean out your closet, your bookshelf, underneath your bed, or maybe your basement find items that you are able and willing to donate.  This is not only a great way to give back to others it is a great way to organize those small spaces in your house where we all hide our old stuff.

Where are you going to find your gently used items?  Leave a comment below and let me know if you are going to participate in this challenge.  If you do, take a picture of everything you donate and email the picture to me at allamericannicegirl@yahoo.com.  I will do a follow up blog post and post all of the pictures of donated items that I receive.  Let’s see how many items we can donate this month. 

The challenge is on!  Be fierce, Be fabulous, Be you and remember, nice girls always finish first. 

All my love,
BrittneeNoel    

Picture found here

No comments: