I feel like I have been posting a lot lately! I have been working on this blog post for a few days now because I wanted to make sure I had 10 really good things I wish I had known in high school! This was definitely one of the hardest blogs I have written in a long time. I really hope you enjoy it because I put a lot of time and effort into this one.
So without further ado here are the 10 things I wish I knew in high school:
1. Don’t sweat the small stuff. People will always tease you and make fun of you. It is the drama of high school.
2. Always read the entire book for English class. Your teacher will test you on things not covered in Spark Notes!
3. Your parents are always right.
4. Texting in class is not smart… You will get caught eventually.
5. Your loud music in the parking lot is really not at cool as you think
6. There is no reason to sleep in class or in study hall. I promise you can make it all day without a nap!
7. Get involved in afterschool activities besides athletics. This is a great way to make more friends, be involved within your school community and it looks great on college applications.
8. Get to know your teachers. You never know when you will need a letter of recommendation for college.
9. The ACT is not as scary as it seems. I promise you will still get into college even if you have a low score.
10. Enjoy your crazy high speed metabolism. The freshman 15 is not a myth it happens to the best of us. Learn healthy eating and workout habits before entering college.
I’m positive there are many more things I wish I knew in high school but I thought most people could agree with me on these ones.
I am thinking about making a “Top 10” series. In this series I would make lists like this one about different things. For example, top 10 things I love/ hate about college or top 10 favorite books. Would you be interested in reading my top 10 series? Let me know in the comments below. Also, let me know something you wish you knew in high school! I hope you are having a great weekend! And remember, nice girls always finish first!