Hey nice girls!
What do you think of when the word improvement comes to mind? Do you think of school, relationships, or personal improvements? Today as I was trying to practice my patience the word improvement popped into my mind. For those who know me, you know I can sometimes be, well… very impatient. This is not something I am entirely proud of. To be honest, it is definitely something I am going to continue to work on.
I thought it would be fun to pick 5 things that I would like to improve over the next few months. I would love for everyone to comment back and tell me a few things you would like to improve on. I think this would be a great summer project for everyone! There is always something we nice girls can improve on. So come on! Take an honest look at yourself, inside and out. Together, let’s try to make improvements one step at a time.
My top 5 improvements:
1. Patience. As I mentioned above, I have a tendency to be impatient. It is my goal over the next few months to step back from a situation, take a deep breath and remember being impatient will get me nowhere. This will be the hardest improvement for me but I am up for the challenge.
2. Sleep. As a college student I love to sleep and sleep and sleep. I wish I could wake up earlier and enjoy my day to the fullest. While I love to sleep in until 10 or even 11 in the morning, it wastes precious time. I am going to face my sleeping habits and correct them! I want the opportunity to have more productive hours during the day.
3. Healthy eating. I may be a nice girl, but I love my junk food! I want to add more fruit and veggies into my daily diet. Being healthy and staying fit are important to me. My goal is to reach for an apple the next time I have the munchies. For all of you nice girls going to college in the fall, starting a healthy diet before you get to school will help you avoid the infamous freshman fifteen. Be healthy - take on the apple challenge.
4. Fresh Air. I love to be outside during the summer, but I also love the air conditioning. I want to spend more time outside this summer enjoying the sunshine (wearing a great SFP of course). Fresh air is good for you. I really don’t think I need to sit inside all day and watch TV. I could be enjoying the sunshine with a cold glass of lemonade and a great book. Next time I reach for the remote I’ll reach for a great book instead and head outside.
5. Procrastination. I am the number 1 fan of procrastination. I tend to do class work last minute. Especially when it comes to writing papers. I do have a tendency to say I do my best work at the last minute which sometimes might be true, but it stresses me out. It is too late this semester to work on my procrastination with class work, but in the fall I plan to be on top of my assignments and get them done early enough to not have to worry about them at the last minute. I know this will be a huge challenge for me but… BRING IT ON!
Try and come up with a few things you would like to improve on. I know it can be hard to think of some, but I know you can do it.
Have an awesome Friday and a wonderful weekend! And remember, nice girls always finish first.