Graduation Dresses & Accessories

Hello my graduation beauties!

Whether you are graduating high school or college you are going to need a fabulous dress under that awful graduation robe.   I had a horrible time finding the perfect graduation outfit.  Either I found the perfect shoes or I found the perfect dress.  I finally decided on a dress but I’m still looking for the perfect shoes to finish the outfit.  Many of you know I have been planning on wearing the same shoes I did when I graduated high school back in 2009 just for sentimental reasons.  And because they are hot shoes!  But after much consideration I decided that wearing heels on a football field is not practical (more on shoes at the end of this post). 

Last weekend my mom surprised me with two new dresses that will be perfect for any summer occasion – graduation, weddings, nice dinner out, etc.  Also, today I found a few more while out shopping.  I thought I would share these with you so you could get an idea of the styles that are available this season.


*All of these dresses are Jersey knit material or very similar.  They are stretchy and comfortable.  If it helps I am a size medium in all of these dresses.   


1. Cache: Prism Stud Dress- $148.00
I love the collar and the shade of pink of this dress.  The small detail at the waist helps to accentuate and show off your curves.  

2. New York & Company: Matte Jersey Wrap Dress- $23.47
I love, love, love this dress!  Although the blue is not my normal shade of cobalt blue it is still fabulous.  The tie at the waist is fabulous because you have the opportunity to pull it as tight or as loose as you want.

3.Cache: Lace up Shoulder Dress- $158.00
I am not a fan of this dress in the coral but I do think this is a fierce dress in the bright blue and in the black.  My mom and I did decide that because the detail on the dress is gold the black dress may be a bit too formal for graduation.  But in the bright tropical blue it is perfect for a spring/ summer graduation!   

4. Cache: Lace Up Sheath Dress- $168.00
Another fabulous dress from Cache.  Again, my mom and I decided it may be a bit too formal for graduation but this one is so cute.  I love the lace detail down the side.  There are great shoes at Dillard’s that would be perfect for this dress.  So if you are interested, you would not have a problem finding shoes to compliment your new dress.  


5. New York & Company: Knot Shoulder Matte Jersey Dress- $29.97
I have this dress in a bright tangerine!  I’m pretty sure this is the dress I will be wearing to graduation.  I’m excited to search for some fabulous shoes!  I love the dainty shoulder knot.  It’s cute and it adds a small detail to the top of the dress.  I’m not a fan of this one in purple, but I was not able to find it in orange online. 

 When getting ready for the big day there are a few things to keep in mind when putting together the finishing touches. 

1. If you are graduating on a football field consider cute wedges instead of heels.  I know I would not want to ruin a new pair of shoes by the heel going down in the ground and getting dirty.  Wedges tend to be more comfortable anyway.  So if you will be standing a lot they may be the perfect shoe for you.

2. You never know when it is going to be windy outside so you should always be prepared for the worst.  Pack a small bottle of hairspray and a comb in a small purse and leave it with your family.  If you need a quick touch up before pictures you have everything you need.

3. SPANX are a must for everyone regardless of size when dressing up, especially in summer’s lighter weight fabrics.  Proper foundation pieces such as SPANX allow your clothes to lay nicely and glide over your body.  There is nothing to be ashamed of.  I can promise you that on my graduation day I will be rocking a pair of extra strength SPANX.  Please do not just throw on a dress without proper undergarments.  Either purchase a full slip, shorts or even the underwear.  Not only will you feel great, no one will see your panty line.  (Oh and in a jersey knit dress you can see the outline of a thong!  Buy some SPANX!  You will thank me later!)  SPANX are a girl’s best friend! 

I know this was a long post, but thanks for sticking it out.  I hope you had a great weekend and a fabulous Easter.  Be on the lookout for more fun posts.  Be Fierce, Be Fabulous, Be You and remember, nice girls always finish first.

BrittneeNoel



No comments: