Hey Nice Girls!
I decided a random facts blog about this nice girl would be a fun way for you to get to know me. Who wants to read blogs by someone they don’t even know. Right? I hope this helps you get to know me a little so that you can enjoy my blogs in the future. Okay, let’s get to it!
(1) I am the 2008 National American Miss Ohio Teen. I am so proud of my title and what it stands for. With my title was I able to make a difference within my community. I raised money for Make-A-Wish, I walked on behalf of OROC (Outrun Ovarian Cancer) and raised money for my charity Hugs for the Holidays. I also helped raise $27,000 for a cheerleading event that benefitted Outrun Ovarian Cancer. National American Miss is a great pageant system for the All-American girl. NAM has helped me improve my public speaking and interviewing skills. National American Miss gives every contestant a chance to shine and is a great way to meet new girls from all over the country. I am proud to be a pageant girl!
(2) I am a professional cheerleader for an arena football team in Northeast Ohio. I must say I was a little hesitant trying out because I have never partner stunted in my life. I started cheering in 4th grade and have a ton of all-star and high school cheerleading experience but I had never partner stunted before. I put on my best Miss Ohio smile, captured the hearts of judges and won a spot on the professional team! I wanted the opportunity to expand my cheerleading career and this is a great way to do so! So far the experience has been incredible! I can’t wait for the season to get started.
(3) I am double majoring in Accounting and Business Management in college. I took classes through the Post Secondary Program during my senior year in high school which enabled me to enter college as a sophomore. I am a member of the Delta Zeta sorority. Although I am a new member, I am excited to have the experience of a sorority girl but I will always keep my nice girl convictions at heart. I cheered on my college football and basketball teams this year. I had so much fun as a flyer because I was always a base when I was an all-star cheerleader. So far I love college. I’ve met new people and made memories that will last a lifetime.
(4) Friends and family keep me going. I consider myself a great friend. I am always there when a friend is in need. I love listening and helping others. Since I am an only child, my cousins are like my sisters. My mom is my best friend! We do everything together! We love to shop for makeup and jewelry together. My dad and I are really close too. My relationship with my dad is very special to me. We are able to do things my mom is not interested in such as going to the drag races (yes, I am a car girl), washing and waxing the cars, and going to car shows. I really do not know what I would do without my family or friends. Something I have learned over the past few years is to NEVER put anything before your family and friends. They are the ones that will be there when you need them the most.
(5) Volunteering is really important to me. I believe everyone should volunteer. Not only are you giving back to your community but you are also growing as an individual. I have volunteered numerous times. One of my favorite events was being the emcee for the First Night Idol competition during Akron Ohio’s New Years Eve celebration. I was so excited to be able to announce the winner. That was the highlight of my evening. I challenge you to get involved! Volunteer! I know you will enjoy it as much as I do!
Well that’s all of my randomness for now. I hope you enjoyed getting to know me. Check back in a few days for my blog about what is in and what is out with me.
Remember nice girls always finish first!