Birthdays, Movies and Smoothies

Ho ho ho Everyone! I feel like it has been forever since I have had the chance to write to you. I was doing so well posting blogs and then I became lazy again. Well since it has been a month since the last post, I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving and are enjoying the holiday season with your families.

My 20th birthday was a few days ago, and those who know me best know I was dreading turning 20. I think 20 is such an ugly number and I was convinced I was not turning 20 but turning ugly instead. Needless to say, I did not wake up with gray hair, bags under my eyes or wrinkles. I woke up to the same Brittnee. After reflecting on leaving my teens behind, I did seem to feel a little older on my birthday. Well, maybe not older but more mature for sure. My grandparents were nice enough to give me a gift card to Bob Evans, my favorite restaurant. I cannot wait to go back to school and have money to spend on food off campus. This year my parents gave me a fabulous gift. Since I was complaining about turning ugly, I was treated to a spa day. I enjoyed a manicure, pedicure and a facial. What a great way to fight away the ugly 20. I topped off my day by seeing the new Reese Witherspoon movie with one of my best friends. I highly recommend “How Do You Know”. That reminds me…I should write a review on the movie.

I am a sucker for a strawberry smoothie from Baskin-Robbins. Smoothies don’t have a lot to do with birthdays or movies for that matter but they sure are good. As crazy as this may sound I might have 2-3 a week depending on the circumstances when I’m away at school. But after being shocked by the calorie count, I decided I should find a healthier alternative to my smoothie addiction. During an episode of the Biggest Loser from Season 9 Bob talked about the Yoplait Frozen Smoothie so today I tagged along to the local Giant Eagle with my mom for this week’s groceries. I was on the lookout for this frozen treat. Luckily I found it in the frozen section in Giant Eagle next to the frozen fruit. I was so excited to come home and make a smoothie. It was really good and super easy to make! Each packet makes 2 smoothies and is only 170 calories after you add Skim Milk. I highly recommend this awesome frozen treat! Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Stay tuned for the review on “How Do You Know”. I will try my best to have it up in a few days. Happy Holidays, and remember Nice Girls always finish first.

Brittnee Noel

No comments: